Container import operation
Summary: In February 1999, a city's light industry import and export company (hereinafter referred to as Company A) imported 100O tons of cardboard from Chile. Import Port: Tianjin Xingang, a total of 52 20-foot containers. Specific operations: On February 8, 1999, Company A received a full set of documents from the exporter, including original shipping bills of lading (three positives and three deputies), original invoices, and contracts. Through the port of loading (San Antonio), port of unloading (Busan) and the issuer of the bill of lading in the bill of lading, you can learn the following information:
(1) This ticket is for transhipment transportation, and the original one way bill of lading must be exchanged for the second way bill of lading.
(2) The issuer of the bill of lading indicates that the goods of this ticket are carried by Ship B. Knowing the above information, Company A immediately contacted the Tianjin Representative Office of Company B and learned about the ship's dynamics. The ticket cargo was put on the second-trip ship in Pusan ??on February 9 (PUSAN — — — TIANJIN VESSEL / VOY: LING QUAN HE V.0520W), and was informed that Tianjin Ocean Shipping Agency Co., Ltd., as the shipping agent of the ship, had to use the fax of the second-way bill of lading to get the bill of lading which was actually used to pick up the goods.
On February 10, company A paid the exchange fee and deposit fee for company b's representative office in Tianjin, and then exchanged a fax for the second way bill of lading and a letter of guarantee issued by Tanggu. (The letter of guarantee: the original bill of lading of company B has been issued. For recovery, please use this guarantee to release the goods; please assist the delivery of the container to the consignee, and arrange to return the empty container to the designated yard; the cost of the box has been charged to the consignee, and the disappearance of the box has nothing to do with the outside agent.) On February 11, Company A brought the two-way fax and a guarantee to Tanggu outside to pay the exchange fee on behalf of the company to obtain the bill of lading, and immediately submitted the bill of lading 1, 3 and a full set of customs declaration documents to the customs broker, and then the customs broker. Notify Company A:
(1) The board needs to be inspected, and the inspection must be registered first.
(2) The manifest is not transmitted to the customs computer system, so the customs declaration cannot be pre-recorded. (Lesson 1: Should be implemented before the exchange of paperboards, whether the board requires regulatory conditions. If commodity inspection is required, you should bring the inspection document to the commodity inspection agency in advance to apply. Apply for inspection, and then deliver the customs declaration form with the commodity inspection registration registered in the case to the customs officer. Lesson 2: When changing the order, you should confirm with Tanggu whether the manifest is transmitted to the customs, and go to the customs manifest room for confirmation).
Due to the above two mistakes, it took some time, even after the customs officer submitted the customs declaration documents to the customs declaration, until the customs had not printed the tax bill, it affected the speed of customs clearance.
On the morning of February 12, the customs review and printing of the tax form were completed and submitted to Company A to open an account bank to pay taxes. After the tax is paid, the customs deposit in the tax bill is submitted to the customs for review. In the afternoon, the customs issued a notice of inspection. It is required to bring 16 20-foot containers to the designated location for unpacking and inspection, and require the customs broker to issue a guarantee letter to release the goods, that is, to release the goods (guarantee content: because the customs inspection requires the container to be brought from the port to the inspection site for inspection, so The customs broker is required to ensure that the goods are inspected first, and then released if there are no problems).
In the morning of February 13th, Company A carried the customs clearance of the bill of lading (guarantee release) and related inspection and inspection documents for three inspections. In general, all documents (that is, inspection and inspection documents, including box bills, invoices, (Contracts, declarations) to submit the final inspection, and it will handle the inspection on behalf of the agent. After paying a certain fee, the three inspection agencies will put the commodity inspection, animal and plant inspection, and health inspection release stamps on the bill of lading of the bill of lading, and the three inspection procedures are completed. After that, you can go to the port area for all goods to handle port miscellaneous goods. After paying the port miscellaneous charges, you can pick up the goods with the bill of lading. In the afternoon, Company A contacted the relevant department of the port area to arrange the box in time, and the customs will open the inspection. The 16 20-foot containers were transferred to the designated place of the customs in order to be opened for customs inspection. After the customs inspection was released, Company A was about to release the bill of lading and the warehouse that had been contacted in advance. It is expected that it will be ready on the morning of February 14th. All 52 20-foot containers were returned to the warehouse.
In the morning of February 14th, the warehouse called. Due to the lack of preparation for delivery of the order, the pick-up team was not allowed to leave the port area. (Lesson 3: When the pick-up order was exchanged outside Tanggu on February 11 for the delivery order, the container management department was not exchanged for the equipment delivery order at the same time. Difficulties in picking up later). In the morning, Company A went to Tanggu to exchange for the equipment transfer order and delivered it to the warehouse fleet. (Lesson 4: Since February 10, Company A brought the original bill of lading to Company B's Tianjin Representative Office in exchange for a second-way bill of lading fax from Busan. , Did not carefully check each container number, there is an error in the container number of the bill of lading, resulting in the container was not promptly raised from the port area, and unnecessary transfer stacking costs were incurred] until February 19th After the proofreading and correction, the box was put forward. After that, Company A arranged the car and railway wagon to send the goods to the destination in time. At this point, the import operation of the ticket was basically completed.
Through the practical introduction of this ticket case, you can have a deeper understanding of the entire container import practical operation link, and draw lessons from it, and strive to occupy an active position in future import operations. Minimize intermediate links and deliver the goods to their destination in time.
Container import business process
First, after receiving a full set of documents from the customer, it is necessary to find out which shipping company the imported cargo belongs to, which one acts as a shipping agent, and where it can be changed to a bill of lading for customs clearance. (Note: The full set of documents includes the original endorsed bill of lading or copy of the amp, packing list, invoice, contract).
1. Contact the shipping company or shipping agency in advance to determine the time and place of arrival of the ship. If transshipment is required, the name of the second trip should be confirmed.
2. Confirm with the shipping company or shipping agency in advance the order replacement fee, deposit fee, and time for order replacement.
3. Contact the station in advance to confirm the box pickup fee, boxing fee, loading fee, empty return fee.
(2) With the original bill of lading with endorsement (if it is telegram delivery, you can bring the fax and telegram for the delivery of the telegram) to the shipping company or shipping agency to obtain the delivery note and equipment delivery order.
1. There are two forms of endorsement. If the consignee column on the bill of lading shows "TO ORDER", it will be endorsed by "SHIPPER": if the consignee column shows its true consignee, the consignee must endorse it.
2. The guarantee is a written certificate issued by the importer to the shipping agent requesting delivery. The contents of the guarantee include the port of entry, port of destination, ship name, voyage number, bill of lading number, piece weight and signature of the importer.
3. When changing the order, you should carefully check whether the copy of the bill of lading or the power amplifier and the container number and seal number on the bill of lading are the same.
4. The bill of lading is divided into five parts, white bill of lading, blue expense bill, red expense bill, green delivery record, light green delivery record.
5. Equipment transfer order: It is the voucher for transferring the container and other machinery and equipment between the container user, the container transporter, and the container manager or their agent when the container enters and exits the irrigation area or station. The function of the voucher. When the container or mechanical equipment is lent or recovered at the container terminal yard or freight station, the terminal yard or freight station will make a transfer order for the equipment, which is signed by both parties as the voucher for the transfer of equipment between the two. There are two types of container equipment transfer orders: entry and exit. The transfer procedures are handled at the gate of the terminal yard. When leaving the terminal yard, the terminal yard staff and the container user and the container carrier jointly review the following main contents on the equipment transfer order: the name and address of the container user, the time and purpose of the container yard, the container number, Specifications, seal numbers, and whether they are empty or heavy. Regarding the condition of the mechanical equipment, whether it is normal or abnormal. When entering the dock yard, the staff of the dock yard and the container user and the container carrier jointly review the following items on the equipment transfer order: the return date, specific time and appearance of the container, machinery and equipment, The name and address of the returnee of the machinery and equipment, the purpose of entering the storage yard, the name and address of the owner of the FCL, the ship number, route, unloading port, etc. to be loaded.
Third, use the returned bill of lading (1, 3) and attach the customs declaration documents to go to customs.
Customs declaration documents: After the bill of lading (1, 3) is released by the customs, the release stamp is affixed to the Bailian and returned to the importer as proof of delivery. Original packing list, original invoice, contract, import customs declaration in two copies, original customs entrustment agreement, and various certificates related to customs supervision conditions.
1. After receiving the full set of documents from the customer, you should confirm the product code of the goods, and then check the customs tariff, confirm the import tax rate, and confirm what regulatory conditions are required for the goods. Documents required for inspection: application for inspection, original invoice for packing list, contract, and import declaration.
2. When changing the manifest, the shipping agency shall be urged to transfer the manifest to the customs in time. If there is any problem, please contact the customs manifest room to confirm whether the manifest is transferred to the customs.
3. When the customs requires unpacking and inspection of the goods, it should contact the station in advance and deploy the machine to transfer the inspected boxes to the station designated by the customs. (Confirm the box adjustment fee and boxing fee with the station in advance.)
24. In the case of legally inspected goods, inspection procedures should be completed.
If commodity inspection is required, you must take the importer inspection application form (with official seal) and two customs declaration forms to complete the registration procedures before customs declaration, and put the commodity inspection registration on the customs seal in the case for customs clearance. Inspection procedures are handled at the final destination.
25. After customs clearance, they should go to the third inspection hall for the third inspection.
Provide packing slips, invoices, and contract declaration forms to the agent inspection institutions in the hall, and they will apply for inspection. After inspection, you can pay at the unified window in the lobby. And put the three inspection release stamp on the white bill of lading.
After the 36th and 3rd inspection procedures are completed, go to the port pool hall to pay port miscellaneous charges.
After the miscellaneous charges have been settled, the Hong Kong side will return the delivery coupon to the delivery person for delivery.
VII. After all the pick-up procedures are completed, you can notify the warehouse in advance to pick up the goods.
1. First, get in touch with the dispatching office of the harbor pool to arrange the plan.
2. According to the number of suitcases, the vehicles that have sufficient contact with the yard should be cleared within the time required by the Hong Kong side as far as possible, so as not to cause transfer storage costs.
3. During the process of lifting the container, the container should be inspected with the relevant personnel of the storage yard for any major damage.
VIII. After the heavy boxes are referred to the yard from the yard, they should be dug out in time during the free period to avoid delays.
IX. After the goods are cleared, retrieve the equipment transfer order from the depot to prove that the box is not damaged, and go to the shipping company or the shipping agency to get the deposit fee.